Technical Recruiting Sourcer
Full Job Description
About the Position
We are looking for a Recruiting Sourcer to help us find high-caliber and experienced candidates for a range of technical roles across our offices worldwide. We consider Jane Street to be as much of a technology company as a trading firm, and the landscape for finding the best and brightest in tech has never been more diverse and decentralized.
We are looking for someone who is energized by the idea that amazing talent and good ideas can come from anywhere. The right candidate will be curious, creative, and persistent, with the discipline to put quality over quantity in all searches.
We are looking for someone with a true passion for sourcing, who loves thinking hard about niche candidate pools, and then investigating all corners of the internet to find the best possible people for the job.
On any given day, you will be:
- Strategizing different ways to produce talent pipelines; having the intuition and creativity to look where no one else is looking
- Developing tailored sourcing strategies and putting them into action, including candidate outreach and engagement (in collaboration with other members of the Experienced Hire Global Recruiting team)
- Working with hiring managers and recruiters to deeply understand requirements for a number of key roles
- Providing helpful and relevant market intelligence and competitor analysis
People and relationships drive our hiring approach. Our entire operation is fully integrated, with sourcers, hiring managers, and recruiters collaborating in true partnership to achieve shared goals. There are no silos here — we work hard and trust each other, and you will be embedded in the center of it all.
Hiring the right people is one of the most important parts of our business, and our forward-thinking approach to finding talent has helped Jane Street become an industry leader. We’re looking for someone with the experience and dedication to help us maintain that tradition.
- 5+ years of in-house sourcing experience, with a background in technology or related areas
- Deep experience managing a pipeline of candidates, and collaborating with hiring managers and recruiters to kick off novel searches from scratch
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail; has a no-job-too-small attitude
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and can prioritize tasks to turn ideas into action
- Humble about what you know and don’t know; unafraid to ask questions and admit mistakes
- Discrete and thoughtful about internal and external communication
- Strong team player who can work effectively within and across various teams, and independently as appropriate
- Fluent in English
Base salary is $140,000 - $175,000. Base salary is only one part of Jane Street total compensation, which includes an annual discretionary bonus.
Jane Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.