Full Job Description
WHY HOME CARE HELP TEAM:
Home Care Help is a trusted and reputable in-home care company, providing high-quality, customized, professional caregiving services to seniors, adults, children and children/adults with developmental & intellectual disabilities.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Recruitment Manager is responsible for staff recruitment and retention; for continually recruiting more staff than needed who are not bad apples; for developing and implementing a proactive recruitment and ongoing retention plan. He/She reports to the Director. At first employed possibly as 50% caregiver and 50% Recruitment Coordinator.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervision over all staff. Authority to delegate responsibility as needed.
1. Work collaboratively with key team members to understand recruitment and retention needs and existing recruitment market environment and caregiver pool.
2. Develop a Recruitment & Retention Action Plan by assessing company staffing needs, analyzing turnover concerns, soliciting team feedback and planning for existing as well as the future demands of the business from client, caregiver and office team perspective.
3. Conduct compensation analysis surveys; wage/benefit offerings. Collaborate with management team to evaluate existing and potential benefits as well as recognition and appreciation programs.
4. Know major competitors, wage and benefit offerings, and how to differentiate your business as the employer of choice. Create and enhance talking points for team consistency.
5. Maintain professionalism and be a strong representative to uphold the brand, reputation and culture of the business.
6. Actively source quality caregiver candidates. Work with office team to establish core competencies and characteristics of quality caregivers; be well-versed in job descriptions to ensure new caregivers meet established quality standards.
7. Actively maintain existing quality caregivers through programs (educational, recognition, appreciation, motivational, etc.)
8. Engage and align all employees to be cognizant and supportive of recruitment and retention efforts.
9. Utilize existing collateral materials and/or develop pertinent resources to attract quality caregiver candidates and promote caregiver appreciation and recognition.
10. Build and maintain relationships with health-related schools and colleges, local community businesses, faith-based establishments, and other pertinent recruitment sources.
11. Create educational opportunities for caregivers utilizing online resources, health-related schools, referral sources (i.e. hospice) Life Care Navigation programs, etc. to promote and encourage professional growth.
12. Develop and maintain an online recruiting presence. Use a diverse mix of recruiting tools and websites. Create and/or enhance existing incentive programs for team members; promote as a benefit to existing caregivers; reward and recognize results.
13. Use and/or enhance social media venues such as Facebook to promote recruitment; engage existing caregivers and office team via testimonials and care experiences.
14. Plan and conduct job fairs internally as well as participate in community job fairs.
15. Evaluate and consider local advertising (real estate signage, banners, local publications, etc.) as well as recruitment and/or retention campaigns when applicable to accelerate and promote Caring Careers as well as caregiver support and encouragement to sustain retention.
16. Participate in the interview process by screening and interviewing prospective caregiver candidates. Enhance, where applicable, the interviewing process to maintain recruitment, selection and hiring efficiencies through process improvements.
17. Adhere to recruitment, selection, and hiring policy and procedures. Responsible for preparation of initial employee file set up and completion of employee file checklist.
18. Host and facilitate orientation of new hires and coordinate participation and engagement from office team.
19. Work with the management team to ensure a smooth transition from on-boarding and orientation through the first 90 days; identify additional educational/training needs.
20. Develop retention programs in conjunction with key VA team members for example: newsletters, appreciation, incentives, recognition, mentoring.
21. Plan, organize and coordinate events to celebrate caregiver appreciation, anniversaries, holidays, summer picnics, business success, etc.
22. Implement a process to facilitate effective communication with those conducting supervisory visits. Monitor goals and apply coaching and educational opportunities.
23. Participate in performance review process by ensuring timely revies, open communication delivered by recognizing strengths and addressing weaknesses through agreed upon process improvement program.
24. Reviews results of employee exit interviews and record findings. Use results and trends to enhance and improve recruitment and retention efforts.
25. Conduct weekly office meetings and report on recruitment efforts, candidate pipeline as well as review and discuss caregiver roster. Develop recruitment and retention strategies for implementation.
26. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports to evaluate program effectiveness for recruitment and retention such as measuring success with recruitment sources, quality versus quantity of candidates, turnover results, overtime trends, and the balance of client demand versus caregiver supply.
27. Complete and submit business expense reimbursement within time allowances set forth.
28. Adhere to budget allowances and receive necessary approvals prior to recruitment and/or retention program implementations.
29. Utilize company resources to ensure an appropriate return on investment on pertinent recruitment and retention initiatives.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. At least sixty units of college with two years of experience in health care or home care; or a comparable combination of relevant education and experience.
2. Experience with public speaking, demonstrated presentation skills.
3. Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) applications, scheduling systems and other health care industry related software.
4. Demonstrate ability to work well with a team.
5. Results oriented; effectively measuring outcomes.
6. Ability to form relationships and maintain rapport.
7. Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically, both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm, maintain a sense of humor and present a well-groomed professional image.
9. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, integrate, delegate and accurately follow through in work activities with time constraints and interruptions to meet deadlines as well as work independently with a minimum amount of direction and/or supervision.
10. Ability to generate goodwill for Company with applicants, caregivers, prospects, clients, their family members and referral sources. Demonstrate a strong commitment to client service excellence and caring for caregivers.
11. Possess and maintain good physical and mental health, including current TB testing.
12. Ability to lawfully work in the U.S.
1. Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, stretching, stooping, walking, climbing, stairs and moving intermittently during working hours.
2. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
3. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
4. Must be able to properly operate office equipment.
5. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
6. Must be able to maintain verbal and written communication with co-workers, leadership team,
supervisors, clients, family members, vendors and all business associates within or outside the
7. All of the above demands are subject to ADA requirements.
Home Care Help is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is proud of its culture of diversity and inclusion. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Additionally, Home Care Help will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
ü Paydays every Friday.
ü Pension Plan after 2 years of employment. Employer will contribute 7% of your annual wages into the plan.
ü 6 paid sick days and 6 paid holidays per year (after 60 days probationary period).
ü An accrual of 2-weeks paid vacation upon completion of the first year of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 1 year
- 8 hour shift
- Recruiting: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance
Your application has been successfully submitted.