Human Resources - Junior Recruiter Position
The salary range for this position is $40-$45k annually
The Junior Recruiter is responsible for supporting the HR Recruitment Team and will participate in posting, screening, processing background checks and tracking new hires. This is high volume, fast paced role that requires a knack for organization, multitasking, customer service and an eye for detail.
**Must be willing to drive to all 5 boroughs, Nassau and Suffolk Counties**
- Complete and/or follow-up on various background checks (e.g., Staff Exclusion List (SEL), State Central Registry (SCR), Mental Hygiene Law (MHL), Justice Center Criminal Background Checks, etc.
- Assist with biweekly new hire orientation; set-up and preparation
- Conduct Employee Reference Checks
- Assist with submit SCR check requests on a weekly basis
- Prepare for internal interview days; screening, scheduling and follow-up
- Audit new hire packets and request missing documentation/information from Hiring Managers and/or applicants
- Attend internal Job Fairs and external College Career Days
- Conduct, identify, screen candidates and present qualified applicants to hiring managers
- Monitor the on-boarding process and work with the HR team, hiring manager, and the candidate
- Navigate in UKG ATS and assist with screening forwarding, hiring and dispositioning candidates
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field required
- 6 months - 1 year of Human Resources experience highly preferred
- Familiar with MS Office and Google Apps required
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail is essential
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Ability to travel to other QSAC sites and job fairs/recruitment
- NY Driver's License
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality required
- Punctuality and regular attendance is expected
- Commitment to company values and adherence to policies is expected
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors and/or senior management
QSAC is a New York City and Long Island based nonprofit that supports children and adults with autism, together with their families, in achieving greater independence, realizing their future potential, and contributing to their communities in a meaningful way by offering person-centered services. QSAC pursues this mission through direct services that provide a supportive and individualized setting for children and adults with autism to improve their communication, socialization, academic, and functional skills.
QSAC benefits are terrific and go beyond health and retirement! You will be joining a passionate community of professionals and staff who support each other in a challenging and rewarding work culture.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance have very low out of pocket costs (for FT staff)
- Medical can be as low as $1 dollar per paycheck / $26 dollars a year for full medical coverage ( for FT staff)
- Generous Paid Time Off policy (for full time staff) Start with 24 days annually
- Group Life Insurance and Long Term Disability (for FT staff)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (for FT staff)
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement with Employer Match
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Qualifications are subject to change in accordance with government regulations.
* We adhere to all strict COVID guidelines at all of our programs and sites. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, we offer the COVID vaccine for all employees free of charge.
*Employee costs listed are based on individual coverage
Qualifications are subject to change in accordance with government regulations.
QSAC is Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Your application has been successfully submitted.