Program Recruiter - CATP
Title: Program Recruiter
Program: Culinary Arts Training Program
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
Project Renewal’s Culinary Arts Training Program (CATP) is a nine-month training program that provides individuals with the skills and experience needed to begin a career in the food service industry. Students receive 240 hours of intensive hands-on training in a classroom kitchen under the instruction of an experienced chef. Students also receive 360 hours of on-the-job training at a paid internship in a professional working kitchen. CATP is part of the Project Renewal workforce development department that provides job training, job placement, and job retention services.
The Program Recruiter is responsible for presenting Project Renewal’s award-winning Culinary Arts Training Program to a variety of potential students, social service agencies, and veterans’ organizations. They will work with Project Renewal staff in developing a recruitment presentation strategy as well as maintaining recruitment material, i.e. brochures, pamphlets, flyers, etc. The program recruiter will travel throughout NYC to conduct outreach presentations and recruitment events. This position is fulltime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Position include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Present the Culinary Arts Training Program and relevant workforce development programs to potential students and referring partners
- Prepare for and represent the program at career fairs and networking events
- Network with various supportive services agencies to secure referrals and funding
- Develop new partners and recruitment sites
- Maintain database of referral partners and students using Salesforce
- Develop recruitment presentations
- Create reports and summaries of outcomes
- Conduct intakes and assessments of eligible students
- Passion for Project Renewal’s mission
- Prior experience in sales, partnership development, or recruitment
- Experience serving populations with histories of substance abuse, mental health diagnosis and/or homelessness preferred.
- High School diploma required
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, required
- Intermediate computer skills, required
All newly hired Project Renewal staff must provide verification of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Your application has been successfully submitted.