Talent Coordinator - Talent Team
Full Job Description
Thornton Tomasetti applies engineering and scientific principles to solve the world’s challenges. An independent organization of creative thinkers and innovative doers collaborating from offices worldwide, our mission is to bring our clients' ideas to life and, in the process, lay the groundwork for a better, more resilient future. We provide support and opportunities to our employees to achieve their full potential and cultivate a rewarding career.
Are you looking for a career in Human Resources? We’re looking for a full-time Talent Coordinator to play an integral role in our Talent Team by assisting with the day-to-day operational activities of the department. You’ll learn more about the functionality of an HR department within an international, engineering organization, gain exposure to different aspects of HR, and can grow within the team.
This position will report to our Director of Talent Operations and will ideally be based in our headquarters in Manhattan’s financial district.
- Assist with employee data management in our HRIS system (new hire information, job status information, personal details, etc.)
- Manage employee documentation including employee files, employment verification, and work authorization documents (I-9 documentation)
- Help answer employee HR and company policy questions and/or redirect questions as needed.
- Develop and improve existing administrative processes and tools.
- Support HR office-specific events by reserving rooms and helping with IT.
- Work with new hires to validate information and follow up on missing items.
- Assisting with special projects/events such as health fairs, internship programs, performance reviews, learning seminars, etc.
- Collaborate with other departments including Marketing, IT, and Finance with updates to employee information or employee requests.
- Assist with various HR initiatives and projects as needed by reviewing communication messages, auditing reports, testing system processes, and/or researching information.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Prior internship experience or 1 year of HR/administrative work experience
- Strong organization & communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, customer-service-like environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
The rate for this position generally is $65,000 - $75,000 annually. This range is a good faith estimate provided pursuant to the New York Pay Transparency Law. It is based on what a successful New York applicant might be paid and assumes that the successful candidate will be in New York or perform the position from New York. Similar positions located outside of New York will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Actual pay rates may vary from the range, as permitted by New York Equal Pay Transparency Law. Compensation offers will be based on various factors, including operational needs, individual education, qualifications and experience, work location and comparison to employee already in the role, as well as other considerations permitted by law. A potential new employee’s pay history will not be used in compensation decisions.Benefits
Depending on your employment status, benefits may include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability and other voluntary benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Childcare
- Paid Time Off, Family Leave for New Parents, Volunteer Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Transit (where available)
- 401k retirement savings with Company matching on employee contributions and/or qualified student loan repayments
- Fitness Reimbursement
- And other various wellness, diversity/inclusion and employee resource programs and initiatives
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please access the linked document by clicking
, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.