Recruitment and Admissions Manager
Full Job Description
NPower is a high-performing leader in providing pathways to successful digital careers for young adults from underserved communities and veterans across the US and Canada. NPower’s award-winning training programs use curriculum informed by senior industry leaders and labor market trends. On average, NPower graduates 85% of enrolled students, places 100% of graduates in paid internships and has over an 80% rate of success for employment or continued education within 6 months of graduation.
We address many of the primary barriers that our veteran and young adult communities confront. Beyond free technical classes, our career training programs provide in-demand certifications within weeks, paid internships, professional networking and mentorship with business leaders, soft skills coaching, connection to social services, job placement assistance, transit assistance and an opportunity for graduates to give back to the program via our professional volunteer network. We provide ongoing career coaching, advanced certifications, and leadership development for our alumni, ensuring that we are developing true pathways for long-term success for our students.
NPower seeks a committed and passionate Recruitment and Admissions Manager (RAM) to work with the New York NPower team. The Recruitment and Admissions Manager will be responsible for recruiting students into a tech-based workforce training program, and managing administrative affairs related to student enrollment and retention within the program. The RAM will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to support positive outcomes, high-quality programming, and a constantly improving model of service delivery. This position will also require the RAM to advise and mentor students while fostering an environment of trust and mutual respect, engaging students daily in ways that contribute to both the students’ and the organization’s success.
Recruitment & Admissions
- Recruit young adults, veterans, and military spouses into the program (two cohorts per year, approx. 100 students but can vary)
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies that will attract prospective students to apply to the program
- Develop and manage quality relationships with workforce boards, local agencies, and community-based organizations to ensure passive flow of candidates into the program
- Coordinate opportunities to present the Tech Fundamentals program to prospective and existing community partners (i.e., organize recruitment events, facilitate info sessions, host open houses)
- Attend in-person and virtual job fairs, conferences, and other networking events that will generate new candidate leads/ fruitful recruitment partnerships
- Review incoming applications daily and respond to any emails, inquiries and correspondences related to recruitment and admissions in a timely manner
- Schedule/ lead all candidate interviews and keep diligent records in our Applicant Tracking Systems
- Work closely with Program Team to make final admissions decisions and oversee successful enrollment of each admitted student
- Assist with the planning and execution of regional office events not limited to new student orientation, career closet, laptop distributions, site visits, and graduation
- Work closely with Program Team, Instructors, and Placement team to ensure students are engaged in the program
- Regularly monitor student attendance, student participation, and progress within the program
- Handle all disciplinary actions for students including meetings for warnings, performance agreements, and suspensions
- Assist Program Director with dismissals and withdrawal process, documentation, and meetings
- Input and maintain accurate student information in Salesforce and all other internal systems
- Maintain detailed records of recruitment partners, as well as student incomes, educational status, demographics, reasons for withdrawal/dismissal and provide management reports on these areas as needed
- Support the professional development of students by assisting the Placement team as needed
- Manage office inventory including student loaner laptops and recruitment swag
At minimum one of the following must be met:
- A two-year degree with 4 years of experience in at least one of the following areas: workforce development, recruitment/admissions or training and development experience
- A four-year college degree with 2-3 years of experience in at least one of the following areas: workforce development, student recruitment, admissions or workforce training and development experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to travel throughout the state (approximately 25%)
- Experience with young adult workforce development programs a plus
- A passion for helping people grow, develop themselves, and better their lives and their community
- A professional role model with the ability to motivate students to actively participate and engage in learning professional skills and develop habits that meet the needs of internship partners and employers
- Strong business development, interpersonal and communication skills with excellent attention to detail/follow through
- Well-organized, motivated individual, with excellent communication (oral, written, and listening) skills
- Experience with public speaking
- Comfortable with extensive use of social media (job boards, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, Reddit, Facebook, etc.)
- Technology background and experience with Salesforce, Dropbox, SharePoint, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) preferred
- Must be detail orientated, have excellent follow through, and work well in team-based, entrepreneurial, and diverse environment
- Experience conducting analytical research and creating reports
- Experience in one or more of the following fields helpful but not required: workforce development, recruiting, education, youth development, human potential, human resources, IT staffing, or social services
As an equal opportunity employer, NPower encourages diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.