Recruitment Manager - Los Angeles, CA
Full Job Description
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced Recruitment Manager to work at our downtown headquarters office. The Recruitment Manager, through the guidance of the Chief People & Culture Officer, oversees the total recruitment efforts by developing, honing and executing the strategic recruitment plan through effective utilization and direction of the recruitment team. This includes, but not limited to, management of Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and related systems data and reporting, and recruitment strategic planning as directed by Chief People & Culture Officer, in accordance with the goals and priorities of the agency.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 57+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
All employees of PPLA are defined as Healthcare Workers by current Public Health Orders and are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption must be submitted in order to be eligible for employment consideration.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Advanced degree and/or HR Certification preferred (e.g. PHR or SHRM-CP).
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively increasing responsibilities in Human Resources with an emphasis on recruitment and retention strategies.
- Expertise in commonly used Human Resources concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Must possess a personable and respectful manner at all times.
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to relate to and communicate with diverse communities.
- Must demonstrate a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Strong organizational skills and accurate attention to detail.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as required
- Ability and willingness to travel within Los Angeles County.
- Reliable means of transportation for onsite and off-site work.
- If using a personal vehicle to drive for work purposes, a valid CA driver license and current auto insurance in compliance with the minimum requirements of CA vehicle code are required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills desirable.
About the Position:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Agency’s talent acquisition team.
- Partner with talent acquisition team and hiring managers to meet staffing needs specific to the respective environment in a timely manner.
- Develop strategic recruitment methods (both internal and external) and research the most cost-effective and successful methods of sourcing for open positions to ensure a diverse applicant pool.
- Development pipeline by partnering with talent acquisition team to develop talent pools, research, source, and maintain ecosystems of potential passive candidates for key functional areas and positions for succession planning
- Distribution of comprehensive reporting tools to capture and benchmark areas of recruitment, vacancy and any other related or requested statistics (i.e. Monthly Management Report (MMR), Quarterly Turnover Report, and Staffing Update Report).
- Ensure that the Human Resources Department has an internal and external reputation of excellence, fairness, confidentiality and the highest level of customer service.
- Remain current in all applicable laws, regulatory compliance and standards of practice in the recruitment and employment areas.
- Responsible for all processes necessary for filling open positions, including but not limited to job requisitions, sourcing, screening applications, selecting candidates for interviews, selecting top candidates for consideration by the hiring manager, making employment offers, preparing employment offer letters and scheduling new hires for orientation.
- Distribution of weekly internal Career Opportunities.
- Responsible for applicant tracking system and ensuring all pre-employment screening steps are being completed (i.e. application, reference checks, background checks, etc.) in compliance with local, state, federal and PPFA accreditation requirements.
- Stay informed about outside organizations and advertising venues best suited to post the Agency’s openings.
- Network with community organizations, professional associations, educational institutions, partnering healthcare organizations, and other recruitment sources.
- Utilize technology to ensure the Agency’s competitiveness in its recruitment efforts.
- Develop and deploy strategies for optimizing the Agency’s website recruitment platform.
- Ensure recruitment efforts support the Agency’s strategic goals and Department Annual Operating Plan.
- Analyze and make recommendations for process improvements in work organization, communication and efficiency with internal customers (employees) and external customers (applicants, vendors, etc.).
- Manage Talent Acquisition team.
- Manage partnership with Staffing Agencies to meet the requests for temporary employees and monitor activity usage.
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
- Hiring range: $125,620 - $146,556 per year (Exempt)
- Compensation Philosophy and Position Hiring Range:
- At Planned Parenthood Los Angeles we continuously work towards our values of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion including with our compensation philosophy. PPLA recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, so we are committed to ensuring all positions are rooted in a description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications, and that they are compensated equitably which takes into account both internal organizational equity and market compensation data for similar roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity will be afforded to all applicants and other covered persons without regard to protected characteristics, including their perceived protected characteristic. Protected categories include: race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hair styles such as, braids, locs, and twists as examples but not exhaustive list), color, religion or religious creed (including religious belief, observation, practice, dress, and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding/chestfeeding, or related medical conditions), reproductive health decision-making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status (including past, current or prospective service in the uniformed service), and any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PPLA will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with the requirements of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Your application has been successfully submitted.