As soon as possible
45 Main Street, 9th Floor
11201 Brooklyn, NY
BIG is a group of 700+ architects, engineers, urbanists, inventors, researchers and business minds from all over the world who are based in our Copenhagen, New York, London and Barcelona offices. Our built work ranges from the most diverse urban playground and Michelin-star dining - to affordable housing and a school among the verdant fjords of the Faroe Islands. Our vision spans traveling at supersonic speed with Hyperloop One to living in floating cities and eventually Mars! While we are led by a group of expert partners, directors, and associates - a flat hierarchy and collaborative spirit are essential to our BIG ecosystem. We are infectiously ambitious and unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in and to give form to our future one project at a time.
We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a cool workplace where we want to be and we continuously work at becoming better and better at what we do.
Read more about us on Big.dk
BIG is looking for an organized and motivated People/Recruitment Manager to join our People (HR) team and manage hiring efforts, global transfers, the visa and calibration processes, and other People-related focuses. The ideal candidate is proactive and thorough, with excellent communication skills, has a knack for sourcing great talent, is engaging, and can manage multiple fast paced requests.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of BIG’s applicant tracking system, Emply
- Posting to external job boards and engagement on BIG’s LinkedIn page
- Sourcing candidates through external channels when necessary
- Leading recruitment meetings and organizing portfolio reviews
- Liaising with the staffing team and Managing Director on hiring needs and preparing hire recommendations
- Acting as the main point of contact for all BIG applicants
- Coordinating interviews, logging feedback, and providing status updates to applicants
- Proactively creating and managing a future candidate pipeline
- Coordinating employee onboarding and offboarding
- Overseeing the BIG Internship and Externship programs
- Establishing and fostering relationships with schools and coordinating career fair participation
- Tracking and screening all employee referrals
- Managing international candidates’ placement and onboarding within global exchange programs
- Supporting visa-holders by managing incoming and outgoing documentation
- Supporting talent transfers between global offices
- Supporting the biannual calibration processes
- Coordinating the People Wellness programs
- Supporting and coordinating DEI initiatives
- Partnering closely with global offices for alignment of processes
- Annual HR Reporting
- Other Ad Hoc HR responsibilities
We seek a person who:
- Has an innovative and forward-thinking approach
- Has 5+ years of experience working in Human Resources, Recruitment, or related field
- Enjoys a creative environment with many personalities
- Has excellent communication skills and is fluent in English
- Is a team player and enjoys partnering across client groups
- Organized, responsive and can manage in fast paced environment
This opportunity is based in the Brooklyn, NYC office.
Salary Range: $80K- $95K
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work, and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.