Recruiting/Human Resources Coordinator
Full Job Description
Who We Are: It all starts with purpose.
We are a purpose-driven nonprofit with a dynamic staff culture.
With a meaningful purpose, motivated staff, and excellent benefits, working here will definitely have you smiling! The ADA’s headquarters is located just steps from Chicago’s Magnificent Mile and close to public transportation. With more than 400 colleagues, the ADA Staff are some of the most talented people in the Chicago, Washington D.C., and Maryland area.
We were named a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune in 2019 and 2021! Come join our team!
The HR Coordinator handles day-to-day administrative support to the Talent Acquisition team and other areas within HR. This includes, but is not limited to, creating job requisitions and entering the screening questions in the ATS, scheduling interviews, maintaining recruiting files, generating general hiring metrics reports, filing, providing assistance with background checks, coordinating talent acquisition team communications, assisting with the onboarding activities, processing temporary agency invoices, entering hiring data in the system, running recruiting-related reports, etc. This role requires multi-tasking, working collaboratively with a high-energy team, providing excellent customer focus, and building solid working relationships with staff and the talent acquisition team in order to effectively manage all matters independently. Special projects as assigned. The ideal candidate will be tenacious, possess excellent follow-up skills, and be willing to go above and beyond to be successful.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced professional office environment.
- Previous administrative experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, organizational, analytical, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be detailed-oriented and customer-focused.
- Must have the ability to adapt to various situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience using Ultipro (UKG) HR/Payroll System and Office 365.
- Some exposure to Agile principles – Kanban and Trello.
Just a few of the benefits offered to employees:
- Promotes Work/Life Balance
- Hybrid Work Schedule (2-3 days from home)
- Health insurance/ dental reimbursement plan
- Ample Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Refinance
- 2 days off to work at a charity event of your choice
The American Dental Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. The American Dental Association is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
Your application has been successfully submitted.